It’s the big day you are going to your first trade show! Check you out. The leads you will generate, the return on investment, and the fun you will have. Going to a trade show can be great for your business. Here is a guide to ensure you take the proper marketing steps to have a beneficial tradeshow.
Wondering where to get one of those? Well because we love you and we have gone to our fair share of trade shows we have compiled a list of strategies every person should follow.
Before Your Trade Show
The first thing you need to do is plan before your trade show starts. There are two important things we recommend doing before your trade show. Researching your event, and planning a marketing strategy.
Planning Your Event
- What is our floor plan going to be like?
- How big is our section? Where will it be located? We recommend being at an entrance or exit and not so close to your competition.
- What will my booth look like?
- Who is my ideal client?
- What material will I need? (Flyers, business cards, brochures, giveaways…)
- What is my marketing strategy?
If you do not know what Trade shows are out there we recommend Checking out these 11 tradeshows that are going on this year).
Trade Show Marketing Strategy
Trade Show Marketing Strategy During The Show
Marketing should continue during your event. This includes your booth, marketing material, and social media.
Trade Show Booth:
It can be hard to decide what you want your booth to look like. We recommend going with a company that can customize your booth to your liking. Your booth should display your brand, be open and inviting, and stand out from the crowd. It should be an extension of your shop.
Below you will find some trade show booths to spark inspiration!
You have a great booth! People are coming up to you; you are talking to them; what should you do now? They will be talking to so many people that you need to ensure you stand out and leave a lasting impression. There are many unique ways to promote your business. You can use brochures, press releases, and handouts that you can provide before and during the event. Handing out a branded souvenir is proven to be very efficient. They can leave a lasting impression and increases the chances of someone reaching out.
Post-Trade Show Marketing Campaign
Congrats! Your trade show is complete, but the marketing continues. Post-trade show marketing is as important as pre-show marketing. You should start to nurture your leads and convert them into sales.
- Load all your contacts into your CRM system.
- Send a thank-you email to everyone that visited your booth or event while the event is still fresh in their minds.
- Create a drip email to nurture your new leads.
- SEO! Write a blog recapping all the highlights of your event.
- Social media: Post all your phone content from the event. Shout out to people who attended and use related hashtags.